- Bursa is the 4th largest city of Turkey with a population of 3 million.
- Located on the ancient Silk Road, Bursa is the locomotive city of Turkey in terms of industry.
- Bursa stands out as one of the few cities in the world that manages to combine its natural beauties with trade, industry and technology.
- The city has a distinct location with easy and fast transportation opportunities both by land and sea routes.
- Bursa’s main sectors include;
- machine-metal manufacturing
- agriculture-based industry
- woodwork & furniture
- These sectors create value to Bursa and makes it a global center of attraction thanks to its advanced manufacturing industry and trade. It has an important role in Turkey's economic growth and has a big share to contribute to Turkey to become one of the main emerging economies.
- Bursa’s most exported products are;
- automotive industry
- textile and raw materials
- ready-made clothing and apparel
- machinery and parts
- chemical substances and products
- ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- air-conditioning industry
- mining products
- aquaculture and livestock products
- fruit and vegetable products
- fresh fruit and vegetables
- olives and olive oil products
- Bursa is the 2nd city in export interchangably before and after Kocaeli.
- Bursa proves its importance for the country's economy with an export of around 8.5 billion dollars in the automotive sector in recent years.
- Today, 20 organized industrial zones are active in and around Bursa.
- Bursa ranks 2nd after Istanbul in terms of the number of R&D centres.
- The most important component of Bursa's economy is undoubtedly the automotive sector.
- Bursa has also continued to be an important city throughout history. Many historical buildings from the Eastern Roman and Ottoman Periods enrich Bursa in terms of architecture.
- Bursa offers plain, mountain and sea tourism.
- Bursa, possess unique natural beauties; it has a green nature (also called Green Bursa), healing water sources, many lakes and waterfalls. Therefore, it offers a wide variety of sightseeing alternatives for local population, as well as foreign businessmen, academics, students, and tourists.
- Bursa has a specific place in Turkish-Islamic civilisation. Therefore, Bursa calls for academics that wish to pursue studies in such areas.
Add Date : [24-Şub-2022 07:04]
Last Update Date : [08-Mar-2022 09:07]
Counter : [1.170]